Friday, May 04, 2007

You, Mind














I found him.
As you can see, he keeps a more robust twisty thing attached to his army duffel bag. As I approached him, I took this picture to so I would know I was not dreaming. But perhaps he was. He appeared to be sleeping. I couldn't help but stand there, pretending to admire the twisty thing rather than outright gawking at him. He must have felt my shadow on his face, because he slowly lifted his head when it passed over him. The following was the only conversation:
"This is great. Do you mind if I take a picture of this?"
"No. That's OK."
"Do you mean you mind or you don't mind?"
"No."
"So it's not OK to take a picture?"
"No."
"You mean I can take a picture?"
"No pictures."
"Are you the person who's been doing all these?"
". . ." (nods)
"I love these. These are really great."
"Thank you."